Are you getting a “Windows 10 Version 1909 Or Higher Is Required” error in The Last of Us?
The Last of Us is an action-horror game developed by Naughty Dog LLC.
In this guide, we will provide information on how to fix The Last of Us “Windows 10 Version 1909 Or Higher Is Required” error.
What is The Last of Us “Windows 10 Version 1909 Or Higher Is Required” Error?
The Last of Us “Windows 10 Version 1909 Or Higher Is Required” error indicates that the Windows version is out of date and the old version cannot uninstall this game.
Also, compatibility changes to Steam or The Last of Us launcher will cause you to encounter this error.
How To Fix The Last of Us “Windows 10 Version 1909 Or Higher Is Required” Error?
To fix the error, you first need to check if your version of Windows is up to date.
Also, if the program compatibility is active, it will cause you to encounter this error.
Fix 1: Change Compatibility
You will encounter this error if you have enabled the compatibility of Steam and The Last of Us launcher program.
For this reason, you need to check the compatibility of Steam and The Last of Us launcher.
- First of all, close the Steam application completely.
- Access the directory where the Steam application is installed.
- Then right-click the “Steam.exe” program and click “Properties“.
- Access the “Compatibility” menu in the new window that opens.
- Then disable the “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” option and click the “Apply” button to save the actions.
After saving the setting, go to The Last of Us folder and right-click on the “tlou-i” and “tlou-i-l” program, reach the “Properties” menu, follow the same process and save.
After completing the save process, run the Steam application and check by running The Last of Us game.
Fix 2: Update Windows
Failure to keep Windows up-to-date may prevent you from using The Last of Us innovations, resulting in crashing issues.
You can fix potential crash issues by keeping Windows up to date.
- Press Windows + I and go to the Settings menu.
- Click on “Update & Security” or “Windows Update“.
- Then click the “Check for updates” button and check.
If a new update is available, you can check by performing the update request.