Are you encountering the “Post unavailable” error while browsing Tiktok?
The user encounters this error message while navigating the “For You” page.
In this guide, we will provide information on how to fix the “Post unavailable” error on Tiktok.
- What is Tiktok “Post Unavailable” Error?
- How to Fix “Post unavailable” on TikTok
- Fix 1: Turn off Restricted Mode
- Fix 2: Change Your Date of Birth
- Fix 3: Create New Tiktok Account
What is Tiktok “Post Unavailable” Error?
The possible reason for getting the “Post unavailable” error on Tiktok is usually caused by underage users.
Users between the ages of 13 and 15 cannot watch the video as it will be detected by the Tiktok algorithm.
Tiktok will not accept underage users because it wants to develop a secure platform.
Additionally, some posts on “For You” pages are still protected, even though some users are over the age of 18.
This issue is due to “Restricted Mode” being turned on.
How to Fix “Post unavailable” on TikTok
Under this thread, we made suggestions on how to fix the Tiktok “Post unavailable” error.
Fix 1: Turn off Restricted Mode
Having Tiktok restricted mode turned on causes you to encounter this error.
You can turn off Restricted Mode by following the step below.
- Open the Tiktok app and go to your profile.
- Click on the hamburger menu.
- Tap “Settings and Privacy” in the menu.
- Tap “Digital Wellbeing” on the screen that opens and select “Restricted Mode“.
- Then tap the “Turn off” button.
Restricted mode limits certain unsuitable videos.
Therefore, if you want to see unsuitable videos, you must turn off “Restricted Mode“.
Fix 2: Change Your Date of Birth
If you entered your date of birth incorrectly on Tiktok and you are managing a minor account because of this, you need to change the date of birth.
To change the date of birth, you will need to send a photo of your ID to Tiktok.
Therefore, we need to fill out the form in accordance with your identification information.
You can make a request to change your date of birth by following the step below.
- Reach the Tiktok “Share your feedback” form.
- Enter your correct “Email” and “Username” when filling out the form.
- Change the “Topic” option to “Change account information“.
- Change the “Tell us more” option to “General question” or “Other“.
- “How can we help?” Please describe the problem you encountered in the field.
When raising your problem, say that you entered your date of birth incorrectly and you want to change it.
Add your ID to “Attachments” as proof.
Submit the form after you fill it out completely.
After submitting the form, Tiktok will contact you via email within 1-3 business days.
Fix 3: Create New Tiktok Account
You can eliminate the problem by creating a new tiktok account.
But when creating the Tiktok account, you must set your age to be over 18 years old.
If you open a new account under the age of 18, it will cause you to encounter the same error again.